Privacy NoticeUpdated: Monday, August 6, 2018
Hattori Hanzo Shears, Inc. and our affiliates worldwide (“HANZO”, “we” or “us”) respect your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains how HANZO, as a data controller, may collect, share, use and process information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. It applies to all individuals who access our website (www.hattorihanzoshears.com), mobile apps and in connection with our blogs, alerts, newsletters, social media sites or programs and other communication services provided on or through the Internet (the “Services”).
If you have any concerns or questions about your privacy or use of our Services, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via postal mail at the relevant location listed in the "How to Contact Us" section below.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. The effective date of the current Privacy Notice is noted at the top of this page.
If we make any material changes to the way we collect, use, share or process the personal information that you have provided, we will notify you by posting a notice of the changes in a clear and conspicuous manner on the HANZO website. To the extent required by applicable data protection laws, we will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes.
Information We May Collect
When you use our Services, we collect personal information about your use of our Services and information that you send us. Throughout this policy, we use the term "personal information" to describe information that identifies you or makes you identifiable. Information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific individual is not “personal information.”
We may collect and store the following information when running the Service:
- Information You Provide Volunatarily.
We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us, including: when you communicate via email or other channels; when you sign up for news, publications and marketing communications and events; when you seek career information; when you register for product communications newsletters, alerts, or other materials; when you submit an application for a position with us; when you sign up for a webinar, shear test drive, or event; when you respond to our communications or requests for information; or when you purchase any products. The information you provide may include your name, contact information, title, and information about the organization with which you are affiliated, and other personal information as well. We only collect the personal information we need to allow us to respond to your request and/or provide the particular service or product you have sought.
Unless specifically requested and you use the method that we identify for such purpose, we request that you not send us any confidential or sensitive information such as credit card numbers for product purchases.
Performance and Log Data. Our servers automatically record information created by your use of our Services, which may include information such as, but not limited to, your IP address, browser type, operating system, command line information, diagnostic information related to the Services (i.e., crash activity reports), the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device and application IDs, and search terms. For instance, when we send you an email, we may collect certain information including the nature of the email, whether you opened our email, action you took upon receipt of our email (e.g. whether you opened it or deleted it), or your name and contact information.
Information We Collect Automatically.
Device Information. We may collect information about devices you use to access the Services and how you use the Services, such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address and which websites you visited before accessing our Services.
When you seek out products or services from us, we collect and use personal information which is necessary for the performance of those services, which is usually information you voluntarily provide to us. This can include: your name, email address, contact information; identification and background information, financial information, such as payment related information, information about third parties that you provide to us, and other personal information as is relevant to our services to of you.
How and Why We Use Your Information
- To Provide Our Services to You. We process your personal information to inform you about our Services, new products and industry developments, and our events. Without your personal information, we cannot provide our Services to you.
- To Respond to Your Inquiries. We process your personal information when you contact us, such as with questions, concerns, feedback, disputes or issues. Without your personal information, we cannot respond to you or ensure your continued use and enjoyment of the Services.
- To Enforce Our Terms or Agreements. We process your personal information to actively monitor, investigate, prevent and mitigate any alleged or actual prohibited, illicit or illegal activities on our Services; investigate, prevent, or mitigate violations of our terms, agreements or policies; and enforce our agreements with third parties and partners. We cannot perform our Services in accordance with our terms, agreements or policies without processing your personal information for such purposes.
- To Ensure the Security of the Service. We are committed to ensuring your safety and continued enjoyment of our Services. To do so, we process your personal information to: combat spam, malware, malicious activities or security risks; improve and enforce our security measures; and to monitor and verify your identity so that unauthorized users do not access your account with us. We cannot ensure the security of our Services if we do not process your personal information for security purposes.
- For Research and Development Purposes. To continue to provide you with our innovative Services, we collect information about the way you use and interact with our Services for research and development purposes. Research and development help us improve our Services, and build new Services and customized features or Services. We take additional security measures when processing your personal information for such purposes, by de-identifying or pseudonymizing your information, limiting access to personnel that may conduct research and development, and applying other technical, physical, and administrative security measures.
If, in the future, we use your personal information in any way that is not described in this Privacy Notice, we will disclose this to you. At that time, you can choose not to allow us to use your personal information for any purpose that is incompatible with the purposes for which we originally collected it or subsequently obtained your consent. If you choose to limit the ways we can use your personal information, some or all of the Services may not be available to you.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not sell, exchange, transfer, or give your personal information to any other company or individual for any reason except as set forth below:
- HANZO Affiliated Entities. Since HANZO is a global organization and provides a global service, we may share users’ information with our offices and data centers throughout the world, for example, in the United States and Canada.
- Our Service Providers. We share information with our service providers, suppliers, subcontractors, and similar third parties who provide services to us, or act on our behalf so that they can assist us with the maintenance of our Service. Our contracts with these service providers prohibit them from using or sharing with others, for other purposes than as directed by us, the information that we provide to them, or that they collect directly from our users.
- Law Enforcement Requests. We may use, share, or disclose information about users in order to address legal concerns or liabilities, especially when we believe, in our sole discretion, that (a) a user has misused the Service such as to gain unauthorized access to any system, engaged in spamming, denial of service attacks, or similar attack; (b) disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our Terms and Conditions to respond to suspected illegal or fraudulent activity; to protect legal rights or defend against legal claims; to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Your Consent. We will disclose your information to a person you have given us your consent to disclose to.
Links to Third Party Services
Our Service may include links to third party services where you might be able to post comments, reviews, or view third party information. The use of these third party services may result in the collection and sharing of information about you by these third party services.
This Privacy Notice does not address the information practices of any third party, unless as specified otherwise. Please note, the inclusion of a link on our Service to a third party’s service does not imply endorsement of the third party’s data handling practices, and does not imply that the third party’s practices are covered by this Privacy Notice. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these entities.
We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Service, and to read the privacy statements of each website or app on which you land after you click on a link or social networking button.
Access to Your Information
You may access and update your personal information that we hold by contacting us directly at email@example.com. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to implement your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your personal information suppressed from our database, or other limitations you would like to put on our use of your personal information. We may only implement requests with respect to personal information that is associated with the particular email address that you use to send your request.
However, please note that we reserve the right to refuse to act on a request that is manifestly unfounded or excessive (for example because it is repetitive) and/or to charge a fee that takes into account the administrative costs for providing the information or taking the action requested.
How We Keep Your Information Secure
We seek to use reasonable technical, organizational, and administrative measures to protect user information within our organization against unauthorized or unlawful access or processing, and against accidental loss, destruction, or damage. We believe that these measures are reasonably adapted to the nature of the information in our custody.
However, even though HANZO makes reasonable efforts to protect information in its custody, no data storage or transmission over the Internet and no security system is fully secure. Thus, we cannot guarantee the security of any information we may have collected or received from you or transmitted to you.
If you believe your information is not secure due to a problem in our systems, please immediately notify us of the problem at the address provided in the "How to Contact Us" section.
We retain information about users for as long as necessary to perform the activities described in this Privacy Notice, or where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so, such as for legal, regulatory, accounting or reporting requirements.
When our legitimate interest for retaining your personal information ceases to exist, we will either delete or anonymize your information so that it can no longer be attributed to a particular individual. To the extent residual information remains within our databases, back-ups or other records and we are unable to anonymize it we will isolate such information from further processing until deletion is possible. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 16. If we become aware that an individual under 16 is submitting information, we will delete the information as soon as possible from our database.
Legal Basis. In the sections above entitled “How and Why We Use Your Information” and “Information Sharing and Disclosure” we explain various ways we process your information. We will process your personal information only (1) with your consent; (2) to perform a contract between you and us; (3) to comply with a legal obligation or (4) where we have a legitimate interest to do so, balancing this interest against your interests and fundamental rights. Below is a chart indicating the legal bases we rely in processing personal information.
|Purposes of Process||Legal Basis for Processing|
Processing is based on our contract obligations or to take steps at the request of the individual prior to entering into a contract.
Processing is based on our legitimate interest to better understand you, to maintain and improve the accuracy of the information we store about you, and to better promote or optimize our Services.
Processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, the public interest, or in your vital interests.
Marketing. We will only contact individuals located in the Designated Countries by electronic means (including email or SMS) based on our legitimate interests, as permitted by applicable law, or the individual’s consent. When we rely on legitimate interest, we will only send you information about our Services that are similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
If you do not want us to use your personal information in this way please click an unsubscribe link in your emails or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can object to direct marketing at any time and free of charge.
Individual Rights. We provide you with the rights described below when you use our Services. We may limit your individual rights requests (a) where denial of access is required or authorized by law; (b) when granting access would have a negative impact on other's privacy; (c) to protect our rights and properties; or (d) where the request is frivolous or burdensome.
We may seek to verify your identity when we receive an individual rights request from you to ensure the security of your personal information.
- Access, Correct, Delete. You have the right to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information under certain circumstances.
- Object to Processing. You can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- Right to Withdraw Consent. For any consent-based processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. A withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of our processing or the processing of any third parties based on consent before your withdrawal.
If you would like to exercise your rights under applicable law, please contact us, indicating “EEA Individual Rights Request” in the subject line of the email.
Right to Lodge Complaint. If you believe we have infringed or violated your privacy rights, please contact us at email@example.com so that we may resolve your dispute directly. See Privacy Notice for more information.
Special Requirements Under California Law
California law requires us to inform California residents who have provided us with personal information that they may request of us information about our disclosures to third parties (including HANZO Affiliated entities) for their direct marketing purposes. To do so, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in the subject line “California Privacy Rights”.
How to Contact Us
You can contact us via email at
If you prefer to contact us by postal mail, and you are in the United States or in
any country other than the countries listed in the chart below, please contact us
3941 Park Drive, Suite 20-446
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762.
Cookie NoticeUpdated: Monday, August 6, 2018
- Acceptance This Cookie Notice is part of, and is governed by, the terms and conditions set forth in our Terms and Conditions. You should also read our Privacy Notice to be informed about our data handling practices.
- Change to this Notice We may update this Notice at any time so that we can keep you updated about our new data handling practices. If we make any material changes to this Notice, we will notify you when you first visit our Services after the change are posted or via the email address we have on file for you (if any). Once the Notice is posted, the changes become effective upon your continued use of the Services. We will update the Last Modified date located at the top of this Notice whenever we make changes to the Notice.
- What are cookies? Cookies are small data files that we transfer to your device to collect information about your use of our Services. Cookies can be recognized by the website that downloaded them or other websites that use the same cookies. This helps websites know if your browsing device has visited them before.
- What types of cookies does HANZO use? We use the cookies described below on our Services:
- How long will cookies stay on my browsing device? Our retention periods for cookie information depend on whether the cookie is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Each category of cookie listed above is either a session cookie or persistent cookie.
- How to manage cookies via your browser settings Below we describe how you can manage first-party and third-party cookies on our Services:
We use both first-party and third-party cookies on our Services. First-party cookies are cookies that are placed on your device by us, while third-party cookies are set by parties other thanHANZO. Third-party cookies are operated by third parties that can recognize your device both when it visits our Services and when it visits other websites or mobile apps. HANZO does not control how third-party cookies are used, and we encourage you to check the websites of any third-party cookie providers for more information about how they use cookie information.
We use both first-party and third-party cookies on our Services. First-party cookies are cookies that are placed on your device by us, while third-party cookies are set by parties other than HANZO. Third-party cookies are operated by third parties that can recognize your device both when it visits our Services and when it visits other websites or mobile apps. HANZO does not control how third-party cookies are used, and we encourage you to check the websites of any third-party cookie providers for more information about how they use cookie information.
|Categories of Cookies||Description|
|Strictly Necessary||Some of the cookies we use are necessary to provide our Services to you. For example, these cookies help you: navigate from page to page; detect, prevent, and mitigate malicious and fraudulent activities on our Services; support and enable other security features. Without such cookies, some of our Services cannot be provided to you.|
|Functional||Functional cookies collect information about how you use our Services, provide you with certain functions on our Services, and they remember your preferences. For example, these cookies allow our Services to remember your language selection. Functional cookies also perform important functions for your use of the Services.|
|Analytics, Performance and Research||These cookies help us understand how well our Services are doing. They collect information about your use and interaction with our Services so that we can continue to improve and expand our Services.|
|Marketing||Our marketing cookies allow us to collect information about your interactions with our marketing activities, such as parts of our website and our emails. Such cookies measure how you interact with our marketing communications to determine, among other things, how effective a marketing campaign is.|
|Advertising||These cookies deliver relevant advertisements to you off of our Services. Our advertising partners will collect information about your interaction with their advertisements to measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaign and to deliver advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests.|
We use “persistent cookies” to save information about you for longer periods of time, while “session” cookies are deleted when you close your browser or after a short period of time. Persistent cookies are stored for varied lengths of time depending on the purpose of the cookie collection and tool used. You can delete cookie data as described below.
- First-Party Cookies
You can enable, disable or delete cookies via your browser settings. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser, usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” settings of your browser. Please be aware that if you set disable cookies on your browser, you may not be able to access secure areas of the Services and parts of the Services may also not work properly (e.g., referral links, preferences, etc.).
Many browser manufacturers provide helpful information about cookie management, including, but not limited to:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari (Desktop) or Safari (Mobile)
- Android Browser
If you use a different browser than those listed above, please refer to your specific browser’s documentation or check out http://www.allaboutcookies.org/browsers/index.html to learn more about different browsers. You can also find out more information about how to change your browser cookie settings at www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Third-Party Cookies
Any cookies that are placed on your browsing device by a third party can be managed through your browser (as described above) or by checking the third party’s website for more information about cookie management and how to “opt-out” of receiving cookies from them.
3941 Park Drive, Suite 20-446
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
Whether it's the cover of Vogue, New York Fashion week, or Back Stage on Broadway you will find our shears going to work, making the world we live in a more beautiful place.
3941 Park Drive, Suite 20-446
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
Copyright© 2017 Hattori Hanzo Shears, Inc.